|1st week of school MaDNesS
||[Sep. 10th, 2009|11:49 pm]
Yeah so I don't normally post my going's on in life, neither written or electronically written, I mostly hang on to this account to keep tabs on friends and post "oooh golly gee that Matt" comments. This year however I think I'm gonna try to keep one going so long as I have interesting things happening. |
So break down of my first week back at school
Kicked things off by going to a party at Shane lake, I had never gone there before by means of the trails behind the university but I fortunately had a random guy named Cody who was guiding the way for foreign exchange students show me where to go. As soon as I got there I met a bunch of Drama club people from last year and left right away. Gonna try to steer clear of Drama club this year, It really burned me out last time. However I have a feeling it will be difficult.
-Carpooling with duobat, gonna see how that works out, hopefully it will be cost effective.
- I am worried Intermediate Television studies is not gonna be quite what I wanted. Yes, Professor I am fairly aware of the conservative networks and the strings they pull what with product placement, censorship and the maximization of profit with minimization of financial risk blah blah blah can we talk about Firefly and the Whedonverse now? please?
- Biopsychology is gonna rock my socks, I am so psyched (haha pun). The prof is pretty cool, I might even get to do research with her this semester.
- Abnormal Psychology I can do a paper on the etiology of a sexual dysfunction or paraphilia. Ever heard of Inflatophilia? Interesting stuff. Disturbing, I mean you may never look at those blow up hammers you win at the fair the same way again, but definitely interesting.
- Health Psychology should be cool, the text can be pretty boring but the instructor has gotten a teaching groove on. I had her for personality last semester and she has grown and gotten more confident which is great to see.
- Had stats at CNC for the first time today, I am definitely worried about this class but the prof seems nice and open for any help we might need. Also the college has a really different feel to it then the uni, its almost... do I wanna say friendlier? The profs seem nicer, there's a lot more going on there to make you feel more comfortable at the school and it feels a lot less intimidating. This could easily change down the road though, who knows.
Also thinking of joining the crisis intervention hot-line, there was a booth at school, they train you and everything... costs 50 bucks though.
Went to the gym and did weights for the first time since like... grade 10 phys ed? Anyway its been three days and I can still barely move them so PROGRESS! Or muscle damage...
but yeah that's week one, oh and I like Glee, yeah I said it, I even downloaded their version of Don't Stop Believin' onto my Ipod. Of course you cant compare it to Journey, but its still a damn good cover. And I think the writing is pretty sharp, not like piercing blade sharp but surprise! ow oh crap paper cut sharp, like you're not expecting it.
"Racheal did you just throw up?"
"You missed the toilet"
"The girl who was throwing up before me left that. I tried but I guess I don't have a gag reflex."
"One day when you're older that will turn out to be a gift."
WeeK OnE DonE